Commercial cleaning has always been an important part of maintaining a business. After all, who wants to do business with a company who can’t keep their floors clean? But, with the spread of Covid-19 around the globe, commercial cleaning has taken on a new meaning.
With many companies hit hard by lost business and restrictions on trading, there are many things that managers and owners will be looking to cut back on. Unfortunately, commercial cleaning should not be one of them.
In fact, commercial cleaning in the post-Covid-19 era is going to be of even bigger importance than ever. We’ll look at some tips for keeping your business ready for customers during the Covid-19 pandemic and how using professional cleaning service can ensure you keep trading for the long term.
Give your customers plenty of opportunities to clean
Most business premises are restricting the number of visitors who can be on-site at any one time. If you don’t already do this, then it should be a cornerstone of your coronavirus pandemic business strategy.
Once you have visitors on your premises, you need to make it easy for them to disinfect and keep themselves clean.
- Keep a good stock of antibacterial gel and make it available at all entrances and exits
- If your business involves exposure to people who might be at higher risk of infection, such as nursing homes, healthcare facilities or similar, consider offering disposable face masks on entry too
- Ensure door staff are trained to make sure people disinfect their hands and they understand the rules on entry
- If there is shared equipment used on site, for example computer terminals or trolleys, make sure all contact points are cleaned thoroughly throughout the day. You can also offer cleaning products for people to clean their own equipment before and after use
After hours cleaning
Whatever your business, if you have anybody on site during the day, you will need to have a strict routine of deep cleaning. In cities such as London, commercial cleaning is even more important due to the use of public transport and the heightened risk of exposure to other people.
The commercial cleaning company should ensure that quality products are used and that all staff are trained in deep cleaning. Even if your premises are small offices, or take away only restaurants, you will need to make sure you clean as thoroughly as possible after hours.
Anti-coronavirus deep cleaning should pay special attention to:
- All touch points such as buttons/touch plates, handles, doors and surfaces
- Seating or bedding including frames and linens
- Items that customers may touch including touchpads, pens, self-service food items (sauces etc in take-aways) and other shared public items
- Equipment used by staff such as scanners, public announcement systems and other tools
Effective coronavirus deep cleaning should also include floor and carpets and other surfaces, as normal.
Minimising the risk of Covid-19 in your business
Besides quality regular deep cleaning and asking your visitors to take extra precautions, what else can you do to minimise the spread of viral infections?
As mentioned, shared touch points are probably the most high risk factor. Removing as many of these as possible is one of the most effective ways to reduce the spread of Covid-19 in the workplace.
This might include:
- Asking for contactless only payments in place of cash, or using bank transfers only if your business permits
- Removing shared office items such as cups and plates, and asking all workers to use their own implements and keep them clean
- Avoiding using shared equipment at work and designating workers their own items such as scanners, touchpads etc
- No more hot-desking. If your workplace once allowed hot desking, it will now be beneficial to assign desks for the long term
- Putting screens up in public places so that workers and visitors don’t come in direct contact
- Making your business appointment only, if possible. This will reduce the likelihood of visitors off the street and allow you to limit people on-site at any one time
The coronavirus has certainly changed the world for all of us, especially those running a business. However, to make sure that your business is still running once the Coronavirus is a distant memory, make sure to take care of your staff and site visitors.
Professional cleaning services can ensure that your premises stay as safe as possible and can greatly reduce the possibility of spreading the virus.
For quality commercial cleaning in London, designed to minimise the spread of Covid-19, ask Golden Mop for a no-obligation quote.